Hairy teen wolf. Admirer of beauty. Visionary. Gay youth.















Sunday, December 5, 2010

It Gets Better.

Remember when you were my age? Almost a kind of 'purgatory' of the human development. The cross between child and adult. Those unlimited rushed aspirations of youth. I am a boy of sixteen, and I've directly experienced that its through all of the noise this world sounds off, which comes sorrows, and your isolated pain, which we all individually experience as "isolated and unique", yet in fact there are undoubtedly others out there who experience this as such, the same way. To be a homosexual youth in our society, is leaving the mainstream idea of heterosexuality. Marriage, kids, the media; its predominantly heterosexual. Yet even in the gay "community", lies a lifestyle a youth such as myself would never seek to aquire. That noise that isolates an individual is not only expelled from the world at large, but from their sense of self. It does get better. One day, I can only hope that whoever is suffering not only from bullying or hatred, but what I was experiencing myself in my early childhood, self loathing and a continuum of confusion, can accept and exploit to themselves their own sense of identity and that they can live a life of well-being. A question I once pondered was "why would I be part of a gay community, there's no emphasized straight community", and that's because, quite apparently, gay youths (and adults) have had to go through a a turmoil of sexual recognition and acception that heterosexuals have not. To all those who are bullied, hated, self-denied, and lost in their own isolation, I think about you all the time and with strength, patience, and acceptance, it will get better. Be the spectator of your own life. Instead of ridiculing yourself, silence those insecurities, and experience the bigger world, for this negative experience is purely nothing, not even a little spec. It would only contribute to your own demise if you let it go on.

2 comments:

  1. Exquisitely written.., and passionately expressed. I so proud of you, my articulate brother! So very proud. I look forward to more and more of these expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, Eden. You've had an influential glimmering sense of hope on me.

    ReplyDelete